The Integration Foundation offers Estonian language courses for adults (starting at the age of 18) at the A1, A2, B1, B2 and C1 levels. A wide range of learning opportunities are available, the most traditional of which are language courses.
ABOUT THE COURSES
- These courses are designed to develop all four skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking.Courses match the descriptions of the levels on the scale of the European language-learning framework document and therefore are appropriate for participants at the A1, A2, B1, B2 and C1 levels.
- Courses develop the participants’ skills in expressing themselves both verbally and in writing.
- Lessons are held in Estonian.
- In addition to general language (for everyday communication and common work-related topics), the participants are taught the specific vocabulary they will need in their day-to-day lives (relevant to their profession or field, such as customer service). Depending on the level of their language skills, those who complete a course should be able to communicate in Estonian at an elementary, intermediate or advanced level.
- The free public registration for Estonian language courses takes place twice a year: in January and August.
- When assembling language study groups, courses are offered first to those who continue their previous studies and then to people who have completed counselling and to other applicants on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
- From 2022, registration for free A2-C1 level Estonian language courses is open HERE for Integration Foundation’ self-service clients.
NB! For the registration you will need:
- Estonian ID-card with valid certificate (also smart card reader, PIN1 and installed ID software)
- or Mobile-ID
- or Smart-ID.
- The applicants can take a placement TEST to determine their language level.
- For those who are unable to register for the courses through online registration, the Integration Foundation provides a free consultation service. If there are vacancies, those who have received counselling will be offered a spot on a suitable language learning course.
- To register for consultation, please contact our consultants via e-mail at [email protected] or the free-of-charge phone line 800 9999 (when calling from abroad: +372 6599025).
Estonian language studies are financed by the Ministry of Culture, with additional financing in the period from 2014-2020 from the European Social Fund project ‘Activities promoting integration in Estonian society’.