The Integration Foundation is offering free Estonian language studies to third-country nationals*.
* Third-country nationals are Estonian residents with undetermined citizenship and foreigners who are citizens of any country that is not a member state of the European Union or the European Economic Area or Switzerland. These include, for example, citizens of Azerbaijan, Australia, Brazil, the Philippines, Georgia, China, Israel, India, Japan, Canada, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Nepal, the United Kingdom, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, Belarus and Russia.
Who can take part in the courses?
The courses are open to third-country nationals and Estonian residents with undetermined citizenship who:
- are at least 18 years of age;
- lawfully reside in Estonia or
- are in the process of obtaining the right to lawfully reside in the country.
When and where will the courses be taking place?
- Information about new courses will be added to this webpage in autumn 2023.
What form will the studies take?
- During each course, the participants will attend lessons, complete homework, study independently and go on excursions showcasing Estonian culture (e.g. visiting museums or cinemas, attending plays or concerts, exploring different parts of the country or going hiking).
- The participants will hone their skills individually and with Estonian-speaking volunteers, who will be taking part in their lessons and joining them on their excursions.
- All studies will be conducted in Estonian.
- In order to take part in online courses, participants will require a computer, smartphone or tablet with a microphone as well as headphones and a webcam.
What will happen at the end of the course?
- The course will end with an exam testing the language level you have attained.
- Estonian exams are conducted by the Education and Youth Board. Course graduates will have to register personally. See the the www.innove.ee website for more details of exams.
For further information please call the free hotline 800 9999 (when calling from abroad: +372 6599025) or e-mail [email protected].