Education and Youth Board of Estonia announces the application round of 2021 for the scholarship program aimed at supporting the studies of expatriate Estonians in Estonia. The deadline for submitting applications is August 11th.
The Expatriate Estonians program supports:
- formal studies of expatriate Estonians at the level of vocational or higher education in curriculum taught in Estonian;
- Estonian language studies in order to study the language and start formal studies later.
The scholarship includes:
- Basic monthly scholarship during the study periood;
- travel grant (travel expenses for travelling home and back twice a year);
- extra scholarship for good academic performance, paid once a year;
- state fee for residence permit and health insurance, if necessary.
The scholarship is available for Estonian expatriates with secondary or higher education or its equivalent, who have not lived in Estonia permanently for at least ten years (except if they have moved to Estonia for the purpose of studying or military service during the year preceding the application).
The application must be submitted via the electronic application system (https://taotlused.edu.ee) no later than August 11th.
Applicants must submit the following documents (either in Estonian, English or Russian):
- signed formal application;
- a curriculum vitae (CV);
- A document certifying admission to an Estonian educational institution (applicants for a formal study scholarship);
- language course curriculum and a document certifying the cost (applicants for a language study scholarship);
- copy of the document certifying the acquired education (diploma with the transcript of grades) or extract of the study results of the graduation class of high school and the copy of the certificate of the penultimate class;
- copy of the personal data page of passport;
- copy of the document certifying the Estonian origin (birth certificate, parents' or grandparents' birth certificates, etc.);
- recommendation letter (from the representative of the Estonian Society, community, Estonian language teacher, other teachers, supervisor).
The contact person for the program aimed at supporting the studies of expatriate Estonians in Estonia at Education and Youth Board is Ms. Marilyn Fridolin (e-mail: [email protected], ph. +372 699 9397).